Saturday, October 16, 2010

On the way, in one day ... (well, almost!)

Not too much occasion to post, but used to always think that my long-ish commute to work (from Kemps Corner to Lokhandwalla) had enough sights that merited a post. So here goes - a picto-post based on my way to work.


My bus-stop view. Start with an eyesore - the Ambani house of hell ... steps to build one - take unevenly matched floors and pile them one on top of each other. Then melt all the spare change in the Ambani's pockets to make a paste which can be used to cement the floors together. And there you go.


Because everyone needs a wall of grass to block out an A-class view. Well done Mukesh, well done.


I never thought they existed. But even desi barbies need their ride - the pink Amby.


The line stretches on from the Mahalaxmi mandir - this was peak Pujo time, so its kinda understandable.


The gorgeous Haji Ali. I think it would easily rank as the most recognizable symbol of Bombay ... especially how it looks on dreary monsoon days.


The day turns grey, and just as you turn onto the Bandra-Worli sealink - you can look back onto this.



On some days, you can barely make out where the sea ends and the sky starts ...


I love this part of the sealink - the steel ropes just remind me so much of the also very nice Howrah bridge ...


"Ghadiyal babu!!!!" :-) Nobody quite does it like AB.


One more ...



Exactly why would a liquor store need a helpline? Umm excuse me ... we need 2 mls of vodka and a tequila drip??!


The Construction Awards - maybe we should send the CWG for any prospective awards ...


Great thought ... "I may be slow, but I am in front of you." Deep.


These two are most definitely not from Bombay :-) this was outside Nice airport ...


... and this was outside at my conference where the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers used their super powers to sponsor a fantastic lunch.
So that's that. Will try updating with more funny road pics as I see them.

Cheers, my friends.
Sushma

1 comment:

Goldbug said...

fun. i want the pink amby!!!