Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blast from the Past ...

Super quick one before I go and rest my tired olde legs from all the wanderlust around Heidelburg and Mannheim. Came across a news item that I found extremely interesting http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1283273/WW2-bomb-kills-G-ttingen-experts-attempt-defuse-it.html, especially since we're visiting the same town next week for some conference ... (So yes, wisecrackers - I will look beneath my feet, although I don't think that may help too much)

I did not know that WWII bombs still go off so regularly - so it was a total eye-opener ... imagine your tombstone hailing you as a WWII bombing victim in 2010 ... that should raise a few eyebrows at least!

Rest in short - Desi evening was skipped in favor of general drinking, and we found a film club that occasionally plays English movies (Once every 3 weeks) ... the best part being that you can carry beer inside ... it really did make the movie a whole lot better!

The next post shall be one of those epical literary masterpieces (in my eyes at least :-) which shall detail (pictorially and otherwise) our drunken and non-drunken exploits in pretty Heidelburg and Mannheim.

Au revoir, my dear friends. We shall meet again. Once I can feel my legs again.

Sush

No comments: