Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting Local ...

This one is for all my die-hard Bollywood fans. I recently discovered a small DVD rental store right behind our lane here, and of course, although I found no evidence of the existence of English as an option for any DVDs, I did come across something quite unusual.


Every conceivable SRK film, including non-famous ones like Army (with Sridevi where he had more like a glorified cameo), each with their own German title, poster and writeup. Except strangely, only all his goodie-boy roles were there ... none of his more 'acting' ventures - such as Baazigar or Darr or the ridiculous Anjaam. Strange. More pics.



Ha ha ... 2 Mal Shahrukh Khan! Couldn't agree more :-) except 'mal' in German means 'times' so ... 2 times SRK!


Super cool cover for Main Hoon Na ... or the infinitely easier to pronounce - Ich Bin Immer Fur Dich Da! which is German sort of translates to 'I Am Always For You' ... how far more romantic!


I would never have considered Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam being worthy of any effort other than that of lifting the cover of the trash can to throw it in - but the Germans obviously didnt think so! Das Muss Liebe Sein indeed, with a cover that suspiciously reminds me of Koi Mil Gaya.

This was a short one.
Cheers
Sush

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha...i love the titles of the SRK films in german!I think you should get us one back and we can all watch it together. Btw sush...those watches are ghastly!!